Friday, November 23, 2007

Alternate ideas?

Well, Ms. V's post said to think of at least three topics if we weren't absolutely certain of our choices. I may have made my blog all green and such, but who knows! SO. Three alternate ideas:

1) Something involving physical chemistry. It's essentially what happens when you get past atoms into subatomic particles, and it offers the chemistry side of quantum physics. I just don't know what aspect of it I'd like to look at!

2) And then Thanksgiving got me thinking. People say baking is chemistry, and that's why it's so precise. I could look at that, what reactions typically take place in those ovens, and what chemicals contribute to better tasting foods. Possibly very subjective, but also very tasty!

3) I might take the nanotech slant, and look at the possible impact of new materials. It all contributes so much to modern and future technology, and could be fun to research.

2 comments:

Silver > Gold said...

Oh, thanks for the tips!
All of your ideas sound good, and I'm liking the layout.
Ooo, and speaking of silver sickness, what about metal allergies!?! :D
Thanks again for more to think about!

gealina said...

Green chemistry... interesting. So, how are green, chemistry, Thanksgiving, physics, nanotechnology, and slants all connected.

I think you should do baking. Cuz then you could bake for class and we'd love you forever. But then again you love physics so I'm sure there's something there for you... but c'mon. Physics vs baking?